We build cool software for cool people. Come build them with us.
Why work for The Jed Mahonis Group?
We are a place for growth:
Our lead web developer started as a contractor and is now a partner.
Our Android developer didn’t know how to code when he first started working with us. He’s now a junior partner and leads all our Android projects.
We don’t expect you to work here forever:
Our team has included developers who now work for companies like Strava, MyFitnessPal, GoPro, and Target. They've also gone on to follow their own entrepreneurial dreams.
We want to be a stepping stone in your career, a place where you feel safe to ask questions, make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and grow from them.
We've been among the top software development companies in Minnesota since we started in 2012, and we’ve always taken a chance on the right people over the right skill sets, and it’s continually paid off.
We love coming to work every day, but we also love going home and living our lives outside of work. We are flexible with where and when you work, so you are able to maximize all areas of your life.
We believe that the work you do should be meaningful and positively affect people's lives, and the projects we work on deliver on those beliefs.
Cool, but what do I get for working with you?
We are always looking to connect with the following people:
If you want to be on our radar, even if we aren’t actively seeking your specific skill set, please email your resume to email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to work together.
What makes a good employee at JMG?
We place an emphasis on hiring for "fit" as opposed to "skills". Skills can absolutely be taught and fostered through mentorship and experience. Fit, on the other hand, is a lot harder to define, but here are some traits we value:
Our ideal employee is:
- Hungry. They want to be given a chance to prove themselves. Once they get a chance, they knock it out of the park.
- Self-reliant. Once given a task, it is up to them to own the task, make sure they understand what it takes to complete it, and then get it done.
- Inquisitive. They ask a ton of questions and know that they won't "look dumb" by asking an "obvious" question. They also use time on the clock to learn new skills through side projects and education.
- Productive. They are able to take their work and get it done efficiently. They don't get paid to sit in meetings or “appear” busy. If they get their “40 hours of work” done in 25 hours, great!
- Good at communication. They understand the importance of communicating, especially when working remotely. DMs are necessary for truly confidential conversations, but they understand that everyone benefits when a conversation takes place in the open.
- Not a jerk. We don’t hire jerks. We also don’t take jerks on as clients. Everyone has a bad day, but our ideal employee would never routinely make others feel oppressed, humiliated, or otherwise worse about themselves.
- Human. Humans are not perfect, so we don't expect perfection... but we are going to make it right. Failure is part of life, and a necessary part of building cutting-edge technology. As long as they learn from their mistakes and do what it takes to correct them, our team is very forgiving of other's mistakes.
- Vested in our client's success. Our product is not unique; there are a ton of custom software development companies out there. What sets our team apart is our customer's experience. Our clients will be so pleased with their development experience that they have to shout our praises from the mountaintops. Our ideal employee takes this to heart and knows that our success is contingent upon the success of our clients.
If you find yourself nodding along with these values, then please reach out to us and say hi by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org! We are always looking for the ideal fit, so even if you aren't currently looking for a job, let's get the conversation started.