22 Questions to Ask a Development Team
by Tim Bornholdt · Published on August 25, 2020
In a previous post, we outlined the pros, cons, and best case scenarios of various development team options: DIY, freelancers, full-time in-house teams, agencies, and outsourcing.
But how do you compare, say, one agency to another? Or one freelance developer to another? What questions should you ask? What answers should you look for?
To help you with this process, we put together a handy guide of 22 questions to ask when interviewing development teams. This guide will make sure you know the answers to important questions, like:
- Who owns the code when the project is finished?
- How do you document your code and processes?
- How do you deal with technical debt?
- What is your response time to questions?
- How will you protect our app from getting hacked? (Trick question)
"But that's not all!" (says our cheesy inner QVC persona.) While there isn't exactly a "right way" to answer the questions in this guide, we include our answers to each question to give you an idea of what to expect.